Instagram
As much as I would like to state how sad it is that this is the only way people communicate now a days, I partake in it, so I would be a big-fat hypocrite. I find myself struggling to keep updates on all of these sites and it drives me insane. What's worse is that as a whole, my real life social network uses a variety of these, therefore I can NEVER keep up. Someone will tweet, another still uses good ole' Tom's creation, I use blogger, a few friends have never even heard of pinterest. These are all fantastic sites, with different ideas for social networking and have various purposes. Here are my personal perks of each...
Facebook- I have the opportunity to keep up on common life events from High School friends, (I never have to wonder, what happened to that girl/guy?). My family is spread out in different states, which stinks, but I can see what's going on in their lives and they can see new pictures of Ollie. Facebook has an events section where you can create invites to anything online and invite Facebook friends (which is the majority of who you know in real life anyway).
Twitter- The only reason I use twitter is to stay updated on my Hollywood gossip. Pretty cheesy huh? Almost every celeb has a Twitter and they put out a new tweet almost daily. Cheaper than paying for a magazine every time I want those new celeb deets!
Myspace- I would probably check this, just to look at all of my old info from HS...but unfortunatly, it's been so long, I've locked myself out! HA
Google+- The way that Google has branched off from just a search engine, into a social network, email source, blog site, just amazes me. I truthfully rarely use Google+, but the idea of circles is much easier than any other website, given the fact that anyone can add you and see your updates without needing approval.
Pinterest- This website is AMAZING! The only way I can sum up "pinning" is that you can link anything you find online to your pinterest boards and share them with ANYONE. It is categorized, therefore you can place what you find in whichever category, "board" you choose!
Tumblr- I used Tumblr, when I was promoting Melalueca products. (Even though I am no longer an Independent Sales Executive, I will be more than happy to provide information) It was a pretty decent site for blogging. The only use I get out of it now is quotes and photography.
Instagram- This is more of an application that I use which allows me to edit photos taken and share them with other Instagram followers. The photos you take can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
It's a huge world and with technology constantly improving, our means of communication is as well.
-D
No comments:
Post a Comment