I was sitting at Tippy's Taco House today on my lunch break, waiting for my chicken burrito and queso dip, and I decided to people watch as I typically do when I get bored. As I stared around the restaurant full of people, there was one common ground I noticed...they were all on their cell phones. I first noticed the couple across from me were sitting in the booth, facing each other, not conversing, but typing on their iPhones. It dawned on me that this is what America has become. I am more than likely just as guilty as all of the people I saw today, but it was a real eye opener. I am planning to just leave my cellphone in the car from now on, to alleviate becoming a zombie to this social networking propaganda that is going on. Not only did I see adults on their phones, but a little girl, who could not have been more than 10 years old was on a phone. What is this world coming to? Are we not able to communicate face to face anymore? Or even have a conversation on the phone aside from texting?
Just food for thought.
-D
No comments:
Post a Comment